Thursday 11 February 2010

When did we stop asking why?

When exactly did we go from being curious little explorers to know it all acceptors? As children we never ceased to ask why. We never accepted what we were told without processing it for ourselves and asking a million questions. If something didn't make sense we didn't just accept it we continued to learn about it or we disagreed.

Maybe as adults we are bombarded with so much information we don't have time to stop and question what we are being told.

For example we are told that there are nasty flu bugs out there and that we are going to get sick and possibly die. By questioning this I have realised that I'm not afraid of the flu bugs. The only time I ever get sick is when I am emotionally tired and stressed. It's far more important for me to look after my emotional health than it is to avoid people with the flu. What is right for you?

Try to make it a habit of asking why. If you are given a piece of information don't just accept it as fact, even if it is true to everyone else, maybe it isn't true to you. Begin to see the world with child like wonder and amazement.

No comments:

Post a Comment